Pages

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska - The Last Frontier, United States
Alaska Artist who lives half a year in sunlight and the other half in darkness. Art and humor are life's greatest moments. Enjoy!

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Creative Writing

Today I celebrated my birthday.   I took a break for working on photos.  A most pleasant day began with many birthday wishes from family and friends, and many more once my Facebook page was loaded on my computers screen.
 
A day that I celebrate by always calling my mother; thanking her for having me on this day.  It belongs only to me.   I don’t share it with any other family member, although two other siblings where born on the 17th of February and July.

Throughout the day my thoughts were of that pesky Artists Statement that I’ve been working on for a few days.  Being one who can write a book when she sits down; this elusive statement needs chopping big time.  Also needs to be refined quite a bit. 

I’m told an artist’s statement is important so that folks understand why an artist creates things as they do, will promote interest in your art, and will give insight to the core of yourself.

Heck I don’t even have a clue to the type of art I do.  I know the main category is Fine Art Photography; sub categories such as: Botanical, some architecture, and a few portraits.    

How does one say I take a photo, then just break all the rules and mess it up some more with the help of Photoshop; with color changes, additions of patterns, allowing it to become another subject all together until it’s recognized as something else.  













Is my work abstract, surreal, modern, outsider, pop, or classical?  

 Do I even want to be locked into a category?

I know it is evolving so quickly at this point in time I’m not sure what to call many of the newer creations.  I create art first for my entertainment and then to see the reactions of those who view my work and I want them to enjoy the subject as much as I do.  I want to raise eyebrows without someone going into shock.

To me bright colors popping off the paper to excite the viewer along with the subject compelling interest and desire are some of my goals.  Are the goals attainable?

I think I need a nap all this questioning wears one out rather quickly.  And my time is up...


 


2 comments:

  1. Love your thoughts and the hint of rebelliousness, Pat ! - especially the picture of the bike locks and caption - Why don't you settle on having more developmental phases than Picasso!? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiki Thank you! You inspire me to accept and forge forth!

    ReplyDelete