Pages

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska - The Last Frontier, United States
Alaska Artist who lives half a year in sunlight and the other half in darkness. Art and humor are life's greatest moments. Enjoy!

Monday, November 15, 2010

My Handmade Holiday

My Handmade Holiday

As one grows older and more creative the thought of purchasing mass produced items for my loved ones across the various states is not my idea of sharing the spirit of how wonderful I think each of my family and friends are to me and my guy.

My favorite memories of holidays are those which focused on gifts that where handmade and given to me by siblings or children in my family.

Over the years I have sewn my heart out making quilts for all.  Each quilt a treasure to the one on the receiving end.  Some being utilized, while others are stored away brought out only at Christmas.  Others folded and placed in a chest for future generations.

As my eye site has gone from fresh dew youth to a person with bifocals I have changed my perspective and gone back to my first love for gift giving: my photography.  

I’ve only been showing my art in public a short time.  This Christmas one full year will be celebrated as one who can call themselves an artist.  I’ve sold various creations and continue to develop my own style.  

The smiles one see’s from a gift that is handmade is the reason I continue to have each holiday in the spirit as I do.  From deciding on the perfect gift to be given from my stash of art to my various family members; then mailing these precious gifts,  to handmade ornaments adorning my tree,  plus homemade food gifts sitting under the tree awaiting a friends’ arrival.

Sharing a handmade holiday from beginning to end is all I can ask of those who share my life and the journey of handmade.

The one who I hold dearest in my heart will be the focus of our handmade Holidays Greeting Cards this year.  We both enjoy simple lifestyle, we both have almost lost the other due to major medical issues, and sometimes we catch each other on camera.

May I present: My Handmade Guy - 




No comments:

Post a Comment