Pages

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska - The Last Frontier, United States
Alaska Artist who lives half a year in sunlight and the other half in darkness. Art and humor are life's greatest moments. Enjoy!

Monday, September 13, 2010

Alaskan's Got Talent

Visit any town in Alaska and you will find a bevy of Artists.  And not just okay artists but Artist that can blow you away with the beauty of their art.

I move to Alaska almost 20 years ago.  I fell in love with the land, the people but also any and all the art my eyes could drink in.  I was in Art Heaven! 

Over the years the art scene adds a new artist or artists I should say that I haven't seen before.  All I can say is KEEP IT COMING!

My training has only been in photography.  It's my first love for the arts.  I dabble in the other stuff.


A few weeks ago a older gent was at my booth - he glanced quickly; then questioned me as he walked away "where's the art?"

Smiling I said "it's right here."  I pointed to the motherlode of floral prints that I hung bravely on the wall. And I was the only person with art at the gig at Spenard Farmers Market.

Angrily he grunted "that's not art - ART is Paintings."

Being me my first thought was what a dumbass old man; second thought was I wanted to slap him silly; third thought which I voiced: "Sir photography has been a recognized Art since I was in school and you need to re-educated yourself on these matters."

Being that I ain't no spring chicken myself I dared him with my fishlips to even utter another word.


No comments:

Post a Comment