Pages

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska - The Last Frontier, United States
Alaska Artist who lives half a year in sunlight and the other half in darkness. Art and humor are life's greatest moments. Enjoy!

Monday, November 8, 2010

Winter Arrives

In my small world the first snow over two inches is a major event!  Means winter has arrived.  Make my world complete.  I'm totally a winter person.  I enjoy the brisk air, the color of white on mother natures creations.

Although driving in snow is not something I like...after 20 years in Anchorage, Alaska one gets use to slipping, sliding, and driving more defensively. 

Anchorage has two military bases.  So that means new drivers to winter driving.  I'm always amazed that when I ask a military person "where are you from" and get a response "Alabama, Georgia, Texas" my mind flashes to why would our military send southern folks who don't get snow to a state that is snow half the year.  And those raised in snowy states are sent to those southern hot as heck states.  Boggles my Fishlips for sure!

As my custom each year - May I present 'First Snow':

No comments:

Post a Comment