Pages

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska - The Last Frontier, United States
Alaska Artist who lives half a year in sunlight and the other half in darkness. Art and humor are life's greatest moments. Enjoy!

Monday, September 27, 2010

Color Fall Yellow

Most often by September's end the leaves are gone from the trees in Anchorage.  Its the start of our winter.  This year the weather has been warmer than normal and the leaves are turning beautiful shades of yellow throughout Anchorage.

Reminds one of the fall in St. Louis, Missouri when an old oak tree on a main street where I was raised; this tree would bloom into a golden glow from sunlight filtering over, under and through leaves on branches as thick as my thighs.  The age of the mighty oak had to have been at least two years old.  Massive in size and beauty. 

I need to check with my mother to see if there are any photos of the 'golden globe' in the family photo box she keeps.  A photo of this tree would be a treasure for my memory box.

 Anchorage on Saturday, September 25, 2010


No comments:

Post a Comment