Pages

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska - The Last Frontier, United States
Alaska Artist who lives half a year in sunlight and the other half in darkness. Art and humor are life's greatest moments. Enjoy!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Challenge of Color


As February slowly wines down from the excitement of Valentine’s Day, I find that a need to create new work is a must or otherwise I do believe I could just become a slug until summer arrives.  

It’s comfortable just daydreaming though.   

Sitting in my robe till noon was almost pleasant.  I felt guilty at 12:20pm the other day when just picking my nose, dusting the floor with my 20yr old bunny slippers which haven’t been washed since getting them off Ebay, on my fifth pot of coffee, and staring at the black spider on the wall make me want to pound my head on the desk like a two year old having a tantrum -> this is my sweeties version to hear him tell it.  I don’t pick my nose, never own bunny slippers, the robe is his, I swear it was only the 4th cup of coffee-It's too expensive to drink more than one pot a day, that spider I killed last month and most days I’m dressed by 11am!  But he is right I do throw tantrums except I've learned not to bang head anywhere cause it causes one to go blind (something like playing with yourself but no fur grows there)!

So I decided HEY SELF time for a Challenge. 

Never one to let a good thought get lost ~ you’re invited to do the challenge also!  I double dog dare you to do this challenge!

The Challenge is to work with a color for so many days.  I thought 30 days would be great but since I’m also easily distracted and living in a small city (Anchorage doesn’t even have a Sonic, or Red Lobster, or Olive Garden so YA we are small). 

The challenge is for 15 days.  On your mark get set GO!

Challenge #1 is the color RED
 February 15 to March 1

Anything goes…just create and have fun!  Create something each day that has Red as the focus of your creation.

***If anyone wishes to share their creations I will happily showcase those artists during the challenges here on my blog (just leave a comment or send me a message on Facebook, or convo me in any of my shops - I triple dog dare my fellow artists and crafters to Please Please do this - it will be fun!!)

Feb. 15 - photo no. 1

No comments:

Post a Comment