Pages

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska - The Last Frontier, United States
Alaska Artist who lives half a year in sunlight and the other half in darkness. Art and humor are life's greatest moments. Enjoy!

Friday, February 18, 2011

Go Red for Women

I want to mention 'Go Red for Women'.  This is a yearly fundraising and awareness event for any woman concerning Heart Disease.  All major cities have annual events. I have gone to the luncheon to help support women in Anchorage starting five years ago.  On my cell phone I have my cherished 'red dress' and a angel that dangle off of phone so I can locate that silly phone whenever it's hiding in my purse so support your local American Heart Association in this wonderful event!

With all that said; it is quite fitting that my first color challenge turned towards red.

As the challenge for color started off this week I thought Red would be a color I would have a hard time finding. 

WRONG!

Happens to be one of those colors that is in just about any advertising signs, in buildings, and transportation. Just in a 3 block drive down one of Anchorage's main road ways...Red was every where.  I'm just excited beyond believe! 

I'm going to have to dress up in some of my heavier winter gear...Anchorage temperatures are in the low teens...so I can walk these 3 long city blocks taking pictures of each Red items.  I swear I'll have enough pictures of red to do me for each day of the year.  Yep that many items on both sides of the streets.

All I can say is "Go Red"!




                                                         'When Dinosaurs Wore Red' is my title
                                                   one of Anchorage's Art projects
                               Metal Sculpture located W. Northern Lights Blvd just before Lois Dr

No comments:

Post a Comment