Pages

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska - The Last Frontier, United States
Alaska Artist who lives half a year in sunlight and the other half in darkness. Art and humor are life's greatest moments. Enjoy!

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Antiques, Collectibles in a vintage Cottage

Yellow challenge is more enjoyable than I thought, I am actually enjoying taking pictures of items that are not flowers.

I'm calling it 'Yellow Mellow Fellow' then I post a pic over at my Facebook page showing off that day's picture!

I started the challenge off with a visit to the new location of the Pack Rat Antique shop - now located at 1068 West Fireweed Lane, Anchorage, AK, 99503. 

I love walking around looking at old things...some items I remember from childhood that my grandparents had in their kitchens, laundry rooms, or garages that their parents had handed down from their parents or that were the newfangled thing to own as my Grandma would say about her 1930/50's depression glassware she got out of various soap boxes.
 


As one of those baby boomers born in 1950 I love, love, love collectibles from this time period!

My dream is to have a little cottage styled house all decorated in items from the 30's thru the 60's.  Will have to wait til I'm rich and famous (have the cottage styled house just not all the needed antiques and collectibles to say HEY look at this)

My dream kitchen would have these items - Since red is one of my favorite colors:



No comments:

Post a Comment